Monday 5 December 2011

'Leonardo da Vinci: Maestro del Disegno at the Court of Milan' a new lecture by artfirstprimo

Welcome back. Earlier this week on Tuesday 22nd Novemeber those that follow me on twitter joined me on a train heading for Staplehurst, East Sussex to give a brand new lecture to the High Weald DFAS.  The High Weald Decorative and Fine Arts Society heard the lecture: Leonardo da Vinci - Maestro del Disegno at the Court of Milan.  This lecture has of course been specially written to accompany the blockbuster Leonardo exhibition at the National Gallery, London. 

The National Gallery exhibition covers a substantial part of Leonardo's life at the court of Ludovico Sforza, Duke of Milan the late 15th century.  With such a unprecedented and comprehensive exhibition it has been a struggle to keep this lecture within the regulation one hour. Fine arts societies such as High Weald require lectures to be an hour only, the lecture as it stands will struggle to be under an hour.  And so back to my train journey where I began this blog. After passing Sevenoaks, through the blackness of two tunnels, upon emerging for the darkness of the tunnels there is still less visibility as the entire countryside is now shrouded is a thick mist, and as the train rounds a corner into to Tonbridge station its front end seems to disappear into this heavy Autumn fog; soon I will arrive at Staplehurst station and I will be greeted and taken to another lecture hall.

So here I am at the lecture hall. An over full house greeted me at the High Weald DFAS for my lecture on Leonardo to accompany the exhibition.  It was indeed heart-warming to have such a large audience for this very new lecture. A listing and synopsis of 'Leonardo da Vinci: Maestro del Disegno at the Court of Milan' is now available on my website: primoartdiscoverytours.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment